- — Non-GMO, Organic, Raw, Vegan
- — High in Manganese, Iron, and B Vitamins
Are you in search of rice that sticks together, isn’t dry, and is suitable for sushi? Well, you can stop looking. Organic Short Grain Rice by Food to Live has short, almost round grains and a pleasant nutty taste. When cooked, this rice variety is mushy and creamy. You can use it as a substitute for any other short-grain rice such as Arborio, Basmati, and Carnaroli.
Organic Short Grain White Rice is an excellent choice for sushi since it cooks up sticky and holds together, which is crucial for nicely-shaped rolls. Besides, this cultivar is great for risotto, paella, stir-fries, rice bowls, and as a side dish to almost anything. It can also be eaten on its own as a morning porridge, either sweet or savory.
Organic Short Grain White Rice is a true staple food and an important part of a well-balanced diet. Rice is high in carbs, which are the body’s primary fuel source. Furthermore, Short Grain White Rice provides great amounts of vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin D, Calcium, Iron, Thiamine, Folate, Potassium, Copper, and Riboflavin. This grain is known to have a positive impact on our digestive system, bones, and nerves. Moreover, rice has almost no fat and doesn’t contain cholesterol.
Store Organic Short Grain White Sushi Rice in a moisture-proof container, away from odorous materials in a cool dry area.
How to cook Organic Short Grain Rice
We have prepared cooking instructions for both open and closed pots.
- Thoroughly rinse and drain 1 cup of rice in cool water
- Soak in water for 30 mins
- Drain and add 1 cup of fresh water
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low
- Simmer for about 12-15 mins (or until water is absorbed) covered with a lid
- Remove from heat and let it sit for 10 mins
Closed Pot (Rice Cooker / Instant Pot):
- Rinse and drain until water runs clean
- Let the rice soak in water for 30 mins
- Drain and combine rice with 1 cup of fresh water in a pot
- Cook on high-pressure mode for 5 mins or use the “Rice” mode
- Allow natural release for 10 mins
Note: For Sushi Rice you will also need to prepare a vinegar mix. Per 1 cup of rice, use 2.5 tablespoons of vinegar, 0.5 tablespoon of sugar, and 0.5 teaspoon of salt. Heat the mix until dissolved and combine with cooked rice (use wooden or silicone spatula only!).
1 servings per container
Serving size1 oz (28 g)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.1g
Saturated Fat 0.04g
Trans Fat 0g
Total carbohydrate 22g
Dietary fiber 1g
Total sugars 0.1g
Includes 0g Added Sugars
Vitamin D 0mcg
Pantothenic Acid 0.4mg
Vitamin B6 0.05mg
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Ingredients: ORGANIC SHORT GRAIN WHITE RICE
Storage Time: Up to 2 years
Country of Origin: the USA
Packaged in: the USA
Store in: Cool, Dry Place
Allergy Info: Packaged in a Facility That Also Processes Tree Nuts, Wheat, and Sesame
Consuming this product can expose you to chemicals including Arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/food
Additional PROP 65 information can be found here