- — Organic, Non-GMO, Raw, Vegan
- — Good source of Selenium, and Manganese
If you are a Pizza lover (and who isn’t?) this product is just what you need! We are excited to introduce Vegan, Non-GMO, Unbleached, Organic Italian Pizza Flour by Food to Live. This USDA Organic custom blend of soft wheat flour, durum wheat semolina, spelt sourdough, instant yeast, dry yeast, and ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) is everything you need to become a pizzaiolo and make true Italian Pizza at home. This flour is authentic Organic Double Zero Flour from Italy. Pizza Flour 00 is the name for super finely ground soft wheat flour with a powdery texture.
Extra Fine Italian Pizza Flour Uses
Food to Live’s Organic Pizza Flour Mix yields rising (due to the yeast content), and crunchy yet stretchy dough. Pizza Flour Semolina gives the pastry a bit yellowish tint and elasticity. It’s ideal for making authentic Neapolitan pizza crust. You can also experiment and add any topping you like: tomato or cream sauce, different kinds of meat, veggies, salami, bacon, mushrooms, and tuna. With this Double Zero 00 Pizza Crust Mix you can prepare an effortless and quick dinner that everyone will enjoy. Furthermore, use our Pizza Flour 00 from Italy for cooking calzones, focaccia, Sicilian scaccia, garlic knots, and flatbread or as a wrap for fillings like spinach, ricotta, sausages, and bacon. Bake your goodies in a conventional or brick oven, and even grill until they turn golden. Check out our budget-friendly Pizza Flour bulk bags that will be an amazing addition to your pantry.
The Nutritional Value of Organic Unbleached Pizza Flour
Soft Wheat Flour For Pizza Dough is a good source of carbohydrates that are our body’s primary source of energy, protein, and dietary fiber. Durum Wheat provides great amounts of Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, and Lutein which is a carotenoid that may have a positive impact on eye health. In addition, yeast, another ingredient of our Organic Italian Pizza Flour blend, supports the digestive system, muscles, and bones while Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) is vital for the immune system, cell damage repair and many other body functions. Finally, this product is low in fat and free of trans-fat and cholesterol.
Store Organic Italian Pizza Flour in a moisture-proof container in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight.
The Perfect Italian-Style Pizza
- 2 cups of Italian Pizza Flour
- 1 1⁄2 tsp sugar
- 3⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 tsp garlic powder and/or dried basil leaves (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil + additional
- 3⁄4 cup warm water (175ml)
- Combine 1 cup (125g) of flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. If desired, add garlic powder and dried basil at this point as well.
- Add olive oil and warm water and use a wooden spoon to stir very well.
- Gradually add another 1 cup (125g) of flour. Add any additional flour as needed (you might need as much as an additional 1⁄3 cup), stirring until the dough is forming into a cohesive, elastic ball and is beginning to pull away from the sides of the bowl. The dough will still be slightly sticky but still should be manageable with your hands.
- Drizzle a separate, large, clean bowl generously with olive oil and use a pastry brush to brush up the sides of the bowl.
- Lightly dust your hands with flour and form your pizza dough into a round ball and transfer to your olive oil-brushed bowl. Use your hands to roll the pizza dough along the inside of the bowl until it is coated in olive oil, then cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and place it in a warm place.
- Allow dough to rise for 30 minutes or until doubled in size. Preheat your oven to 425F (215C) at this point so that it will have reached temperature once your pizza is ready to bake.
- Once the dough has risen, use your hands to gently deflate it and transfer it to a lightly floured surface and knead briefly until smooth (about 3-5 times).
- Use either your hands or a rolling pin to work the dough into 12″ circle.
- Transfer dough to a parchment paper lined pizza pan and either pinch the edges or fold them over to form a crust.
- Drizzle additional olive oil (about a Tablespoon) over the top of the pizza and use your pastry brush to brush the entire surface of the pizza (including the crust) with olive oil.
- Use a fork to poke holes all over the center of the pizza to keep the dough from bubbling up in the oven.
- Add desired toppings and bake in a 425F (215C) preheated oven for 13-15 minutes or until toppings are golden brown. Slice and serve.