- — Kosher, Raw, Vegan
- — Contains Fiber and Protein
As you may have already know there are two main types of Jasmine Rice: white and brown. Brown Jasmine Rice has just the outer inedible hull removed while the bran layer and germ stay intact. Compared to White Jasmine Rice, this variety is more nutritious and a bit more flavorful. Jasmine Brown Rice has a pleasant nutty taste, chewy texture, and upon cooking – stays separate and fluffy.
Jasmine Brown Rice Culinary Uses
This rice cultivar is an excellent pantry staple thanks to its versatility. Use it for rice pilafs, stir-fries, rice bowls, soups, risotto, Thai curries, and chutney salad. Moreover, our fragrant brown rice works amazing as a side dish to meat, veggies, fish, and various stews, and sauces. Also, any long-grain rice (for example, White or Brown Basmati, White Jasmine) can be substituted with Jasmine Brown Rice. It works great in recipes that require firm rice, that isn’t sticky.
Jasmine Brown Rice Nutrition Facts
Brown Jasmine Rice is a good source of carbohydrates; they’re a crucial part of a balanced diet and are responsible for providing our body with energy. Besides, this rice variety contains fiber and protein, as well as other essential nutrients: Iron, Calcium, Potassium, and antioxidants. Jasmine Brown Rice may lower blood pressure and has a positive impact on the digestive system.
How to Cook Brown Jasmine Rice
We have prepared cooking instructions for both open and closed pots.
If You are Cooking Rice on the Stove:
- Rinse and drain the rice
- Bring 1 ½ cups of water to a boil in a medium pot
- Add 1 cup of rice (Brown Jasmine Rice water ratio is 1 to 1.5)
- Cover with a lid
- Lower the heat and simmer until water is absorbed (about 30-40 mins)
- Turn off the heat and let the rice sit for 5-10 mins
- Fluff with a fork and enjoy!
If You Have a Closed Pot (Instant Pot / Rice Cooker):
- Wash the rice and thoroughly drain it
- Combine 1 cup of Jasmine Brown Rice and 1.5 cups of water in a pot
- Pressure cook the rice for 20 minutes
- Allow natural release (10-15 mins)
- Ready to serve!
Tip: If you like your rice moister, use a bit more water. You can also add some salt and herbs while rice is being cooked for enhanced flavor.
Keep this rice in a moisture-proof container away from odorous products and heat sources. Check out Brown Jasmine Rice bulk bags which are more budget-friendly.