- — Kosher, Raw and Vegan
- — Unsweetened
- — Very low in Cholesterol and Sodium
- — Good source of Magnesium, Copper, Dietary Fiber, Manganese, Calcium, and Iron
- — Suitable for Sirtfood diet
Although dark chocolate with 70% or higher raw cocoa is a superfood, the cacao nibs blows it out of the water! However, keep in mind that it all depends on how it’s processed once the beans collected (yes, cocoa is a bean) from the Theobroma cacao tree.
Benefits that you can’t ignore
- Your body is healthy on a cellular level Raw Cacao nibs have more antioxidants than other superfoods. Cacao nibs contain flavonoids. They are anti-inflammatory that protects the heart and the arteries, and they fight the damage done by free radicals.
- Be Happy Cacao nibs induce the brain to release serotonin. They also contain an amino acid often referred to as the “bliss molecule” – anandamide, and the natural monoamine alkaloid. It stimulates the release of endorphins and other “happy hormones” such as dopamine, which uplift mood and stabilize it, including during the menstrual cycle.
- Prevent Cavities The crystalline extract found in cacao nibs strengthens tooth enamel and is even more effective than fluoride.
- Unbelievable amounts of Fiber There’re 9 grams in just a one-ounce serving of crushed cacao nibs! While it stimulates bowels and digestive enzymes, fiber is also essential to keep your blood pressure at a healthy level and blood glucose levels stable.
Its Time to Taste Raw Cacao Nibs
The secret to tastier cacao nibs is simple, toast them on the stove in a dry skillet over medium heat. Keep a close eye on the nibs until they have taken on a little color and emit a warm, toasty aroma! Raw, unprocessed cacao nibs are crunchy, extra-bitter, and fruity. Since we’re used to sweet chocolate, even the darkest dark chocolate has amounts of sugar to balance it out; cacao nibs might come across as a bit of a shock. You can’t go wrong with using toasted cacao nibs as a topping for ice cream or mixing them into cookie dough, and that’s just a beginning.