March 02, 2022 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Multi-Grain Nut & Seed Bread
A nice recipe for grain bread without flour and eggs. This bread is very filling, contains many great nutrients, and is a fantastic alternative to regular white toast bread.
Prep Time: 10 min | Resting Time: 2 hours | Cook Time: 1 hour 30 min | Total Time: 3 hours 40 min | Servings: 1 loaf
Calories: 267 | Total Fat: 16g | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 7g
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup golden milled flax seeds
- 1½ cup rolled oats
- 4 tbsp psyllium husks
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup millet seeds
- 2 tbsp whole flax seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups filtered water
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350˚f / 180˚c.
- In a bowl add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Melt coconut oil and add to dry ingredients with water.
- Mix everything well.
- Line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- Pour the bread mixture into it and smooth it out.
- Let the bread stand at room temperature for at least 2 hours. You can also let it rest overnight.
- Put the loaf pan with the bread in the oven.
- Bake until deeply bronzed, about 1 ½ hour (but check it at 1 ¼ hour).
- Remove the bread from the oven and let cool completely at least 2 hours, then remove from the pan and discard the parchment.
- The bread keeps well, refrigerated airtight, for up to a week. Freezes well too – slice before freezing for quick and easy toast.