October 13, 2021 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Low Carb Keto Buns
These soft and pillowy buns taste similar to whole wheat bread, but with a fraction of the carbs! They are perfect for sandwiches, burgers, or simply to enjoy with butter.
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Total Time: 30 min | Servings: 4 buns
- blanched almond flour
- 2 tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds + more for sprinkling
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds + more for sprinkling
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp melted refined coconut oil
- 3 tbsp boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients with a whisk. In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients, except water. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a silicone spatula.
- Slowly pour in the boiling water and continue mixing until well combined.
- Separate the dough into 4 equal portions and form buns (the batter is pretty sticky). You can spray some olive oil on your hands to make the dough not stick to you.
- Place the buns over parchment paper on a baking tray. Brush the tops of the buns with egg wash. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 25 min. Allow to cool before slicing.