August 16, 2018 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Vegan Banana Bread with Walnuts
Savor this vegan banana bread with walnuts! It’s sweet, satisfying, and nutritious. Packed with potassium, magnesium, low-glycemic sugars, protein, and healthy fats, it’s a delicious and wholesome treat. Enjoy a tasty and nourishing slice with every bite.
Prep Time 15 minutes | Cook Time 30 minutes | Total Time 45 minutes | 6-8 Servings
- 4 overripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- a pinch of nutmeg
- a pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp chopped walnut pieces
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Grease your bread pan or line it with parchment paper. Chop your walnuts into smaller pieces.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt. Set this aside.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas until they’re mostly smooth. It’s okay if there are some small chunks.
- Add sugar and oil to the mashed bananas and mix until everything is well combined.
- Carefully fold in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Now, gently add the walnut pieces or any other extras you like.
- Pour the batter into your prepared bread pan.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30-40 min. Enjoy!
This recipe adapted from Where You Get Your Protein