December 16, 2018 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Spiced Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
These Spiced Vegan Gingerbread Cookies are a delightful treat that captures the warm, comforting flavors of ginger, cinnamon, and cloves. They’re not only delicious but also completely plant-based, making them a perfect choice for everyone to enjoy during the holiday season.
- 1 flax “egg” (1 tbsp flax seeds, freshly ground + 3 tbsp warm water)
- ½ cup (1 stick) vegan butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup molasses
- 2⅓ cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for rolling out the dough
- 1tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Mix vegan butter, sugar, molasses, and flax “egg” in a big bowl. Add flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir until it’s a thick dough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and freeze for 1 hour. Then, roll it out, cut shapes, and freeze again for 10 min.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-10 min.
- Decorate cookies as you like.
- Store extras in a sealed container at room temperature. Enjoy!
This recipe adapted from I Love Vegan