Vegan Spicy Hot Chocolate
Super creamy and indulgent Vegan Spicy Hot Chocolate with coconut whipped cream. Ready in just 10 minutes and the perfect sweet treat on Christmas Eve!
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 5 mins | Total Time: 10 mins | Serves: 2 cups
- 2 cups almond milk
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cardamom
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 20g dark vegan chocolate, chopped
- Splash of hot water
- 3 tbsp coconut cream from a tin of coconut milk
- Place the milk and maple syrup in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Mix the spices and cocoa powder in a cup and add a splash of hot water, mixing until it becomes a paste.
- Place this in with the milk and stir well. Add chopped vegan chocolate. Leave to warm up on a gentle simmer.
- Place the coconut cream in a bowl, mix with a hand-held mixer until fluffy and whipped.
- Pour the hot chocolate into mugs, top with the whipped cream and decorate with extra spices or cocoa powder.