December 22, 2018 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Vegan Spicy Hot Chocolate
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 5 mins | Total Time: 10 mins | Serves: 2 cups
- 2 cups almond milk
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cardamom
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 20g dark vegan chocolate, chopped
- Splash of hot water
- 3 tbsp coconut cream from a tin of coconut milk
- Place the milk and maple syrup in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Mix the spices and cocoa powder in a cup and add a splash of hot water, mixing until it becomes a paste.
- Place this in with the milk and stir well. Add chopped vegan chocolate. Leave to warm up on a gentle simmer.
- Place the coconut cream in a bowl, mix with a hand-held mixer until fluffy and whipped.
- Pour the hot chocolate into mugs, top with the whipped cream and decorate with extra spices or cocoa powder.