December 22, 2018 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Vegan Spicy Hot Chocolate
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 5 mins | Total Time: 10 mins | Serves: 2 cups
- 2 cups almond milk
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cardamom
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 20g dark vegan chocolate, chopped
- Splash of hot water
- 3 tbsp coconut cream from a tin of coconut milk
- Combine milk and maple syrup in a saucepan over medium heat.
- In a cup, blend spices and cocoa powder with a splash of hot water until it forms a paste. Add this to the milk mixture and stir in chopped vegan chocolate. Simmer gently.
- Whip coconut cream until fluffy in a bowl using a hand-held mixer.
- Pour the hot chocolate into mugs, add whipped cream on top, and garnish with extra spices or cocoa powder. Enjoy!