July 24, 2020 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Black Currant Coconut Popsicles
Refreshing, creamy homemade popsicles that are made with a medley of fresh berries, coconut milk, and superfood black currant powder! Perfect for celebrating the days of summer!
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 0 min (+4 hours for freezing) | Total Time: 4 hours 10 min | Servings: 6 popsicles
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen black currant
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cherries
- 1 tbsp organic black currant powder
- 1 (15 oz) can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Put the frozen banana, berries, black currant powder, and 1/4 can of coconut milk into a blender. Blend until it’s all smooth.
- Fill your popsicle molds about halfway with this banana-berry mix. It depends on your mold size.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining coconut milk and maple syrup until it’s creamy and smooth.
- Pour this coconut-maple mixture over the banana-berry layer in your molds. Swirl it around to make it look pretty.
- Stick your molds in the freezer for about 4 hours or until they’re frozen.
- To get the popsicles out, dip the bottom of the mold (up to the top edge) in room-temperature water for about 10-15 seconds. Then gently pull to release the popsicles. Enjoy!
This recipe inspired by Fork Knife Swoon