February 10, 2020 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Valentine’s Cherry Truffles
These Cherry Truffles are so good! They are infused with dark chocolate and fresh cherries and rolled in cherry powder.
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 10 min (+2 hours for freezing) | Total Time: 15 min | Servings: 20 truffles
- 125 g of dark chocolate
- 75 ml of full-fat coconut milk
- 30 ml maple syrup
- 50 g of fresh cherries
- A handful of almonds (optional), finely chopped
- Cherry powder (for rolling)
- Place the chocolate pieces in a small saucepan.
- Simmer gently, stirring, until all the chocolate has melted.
- Once the chocolate melts completely, add the coconut milk, maple syrup, and cherries.
- If you are adding chopped almonds for extra crunch, add them into the chocolate mixture once it cooled down (but not hardened).
- When the mixture cools down, leave it in the fridge for a few hours (or overnight).
- Scoop out a teaspoon of the thickened mixture at a time and roll into balls.
- Roll them in cherry powder.