February 08, 2021 · Written by Foodtolive Team
No-Bake Maqui Berry Cheesecake Bars
These creamy no-bake cheesecake bars are full of antioxidants from maqui berry powder – it’s a punch of superfood power packed into a healthy and delicious dessert bar! Paleo. Vegan.
Prep Time: 20 min (+ 8 hours for soaking) | Cook Time: 0 min (+ 3 hours for freezing) | Total Time: 20 min | Servings: 8 bars
For the crust:
- ¾ cup organic shredded coconut
- ¼ cup blanched almond flour
- 10 Deglet Noor dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- a pinch of salt
For the cheesecake:
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup maqui berry powder
For the topping:
- maqui berry powder
- fresh or freeze-dried blueberries
- cacao nibs
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and grease with coconut oil. Set aside.
- Add the coconut, almond flour, pitted dates, coconut oil, and salt to a food processor or high-powered blender and pulverize until it comes together into a sort of sticky dough, with small bits remaining.
- Press the date dough evenly along the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In the same food processor or high-powered blender combine all of the filling ingredients and blend for 5 min, or until the mixture is silky smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pan over the crust. Smooth out the top.
- Top with maqui berry powder and cacao nibs.
- Place on a flat surface in the freezer to firm up for at least 3 hours before cutting. Let them thaw at room temperature for 10-15 min before serving.
- Garnish with blueberries and enjoy!