February 08, 2021 · Written by Foodtolive Team
No-Bake Maqui Berry Cheesecake Bars
These no-bake cheesecake bars are incredibly creamy and bursting with antioxidants thanks to maqui berry powder. They’re a delightful and healthy dessert option that’s both Paleo and Vegan-friendly.
Prep Time: 20 min (+ 8 hours for soaking) | Cook Time: 0 min (+ 3 hours for freezing) | Total Time: 20 min | Servings: 8 bars
For the crust:
- ¾ cup organic shredded coconut
- ¼ cup blanched almond flour
- 10 Deglet Noor dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- a pinch of salt
For the cheesecake:
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup maqui berry powder
For the topping:
- maqui berry powder
- fresh or freeze-dried blueberries
- cacao nibs
- Prepare an 8×8 pan by lining it with parchment paper and greasing it with coconut oil.
- In a food processor or strong blender, combine coconut, almond flour, pitted dates, coconut oil, and a pinch of salt. Blend until it forms a sticky dough with small bits.
- Press this date dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In the same blender, mix all the filling ingredients until smooth and creamy, which may take about 5 min. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Pour the creamy filling over the crust in the pan and smooth the top.
- Sprinkle maqui berry powder and cacao nibs on top.
- Place the pan in the freezer for at least 3 hours to firm up.
- Before serving, let it thaw at room temperature for 10-15 min.
- Garnish with blueberries and enjoy!
This recipe inspired by Suncorefoods