June 09, 2020 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Easy Vegan Spinach Breadsticks
Light and crunchy spinach version of traditional Italian breadsticks or Italian Grissini which taste delicious and have the perfect snap!
Prep Time: 1 hour | Cook Time: 15 min | Total Time: 1 hour 15 min | Servings: 4
- 1 2/3 cup whole wheat bread flour
- 1/2 cup water, warm
- 1 packet yeast, dry
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp organic spinach powder
- 1/2 tsp organic garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Mix warm water and sugar in a bowl. Sprinkle yeast on top. Wait for 5-10 min until it’s frothy.
- In a bigger bowl, mix flour, spinach powder, garlic powder, thyme, and a pinch of salt.
- Pour frothy yeast mix and olive oil into the big bowl.
- Stir till it’s dough. If it’s sticky, add some more flour.
- Knead it for 5-7 min till smooth.
- Let it rise for 1-1.5 hours in a warm place, covered.
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C), and use parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Punch down the dough. Make breadsticks and put them on the sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 min, until they’re golden brown.
- Let them cool a bit, and enjoy your spinach breadsticks!
This recipe adapted from Yuzu Bakes