November 20, 2020 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Garlic Herb Thanksgiving Dinner Rolls
Homemade dinner rolls that are easier than you think, with tons of garlic herb flavor! They’re perfectly soft and fluffy.
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Rising Time: 90 min | Total Time: 2 hours | Servings: 12
For Dinner Rolls:
- 1 cup warm milk (not hot)
- 3 tsp instant yeast
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
For Garlic Butter:
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk and yeast. Let sit for 5-10 min.
- Add butter, sugar, eggs, salt, garlic powder, rosemary, basil, and thyme and mix with a whisk or stand mixer until eggs are beaten.
- Add the flour gradually, one cup at a time, and mix with a dough hook (or your hands!). Add just enough so that the dough is smooth but slightly sticky. Place in a greased bowl, cover with a clean towel and set in a warm place to rise for 60 min until doubled.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 pan and roll dough into 12 balls, creating as smooth a top as possible. Place in a pan with the seam down and cover to let rise for about 30 minutes, until doubled again.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 15-20 min, until medium golden brown.
- Garlic butter: Stir together melted butter, garlic powder, and mixed herbs and brush over rolls if desired. Serve warm.