April 20, 2020 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Creamy Garlic-Infused Bulgur Risotto
Rich and creamy Garlic-Infused Bulgur Risotto! This dish combines the nutty goodness of bulgur with the aromatic essence of garlic, creating a satisfying meal.
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 30 min | Total Time: 35 min | Servings: 4
- 2 cups bulgur
- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup green onions, minced
- A pinch of chili powder
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- A handful of pine nuts, toasted
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Throw in the onions and garlic, and let them sizzle for 1-2 min.
- Toss in the bulgur, and stir it around in the buttery goodness for a minute or two until it’s nicely coated.
- Pour in 2 cups of vegetable broth, and gently stir it all with a wooden spoon. Let it simmer gently until most of the liquid has disappeared, then pour in another 2 cups.
- Simmer for about 15-20 min until the bulgur turns soft, and everything becomes creamy.
- Season it with salt and pepper to your liking, add the green onions, and give it a good mix. Sprinkle chili powder and toasted pine nuts on top. Enjoy!
This recipe adapted from Eat Well 101