August 04, 2021 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Easy Spicy Black Bean Soup
A simple and healthy soup made with Organic Black Bean Soup Mix and everyday ingredients. It’s so delicious and packed with flavor and all kinds of nutritional goodness!
Prep Time: 8 hours | Cook Time: 50 min | Total Time: 8 hours 50 min | Servings: 4
- 2 tsp neutral cooking oil
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups organic black bean soup mix, soaked overnight
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp freshly ground cumin seeds
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder optional
- 2 whole bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Green onions, sour cream, and lime wedges for serving
- Rinse 2 cups of organic black bean soup mix. Cover with water and soak overnight.
- Heat the oil in a soup pot over medium heat.
- Add onions, carrots, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently about 10 min.
- Add the black bean soup mix. Season with chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, and cayenne powder, and add a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Add bay leaves.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 40 min.
- Remove bay leaves and ladle the black bean soup into bowls.
- Serve with chopped green onions, sour cream, and lime wedges.