January 26, 2022 · Written by Foodtolive Team
White Bean and Kale Soup
Cozy up to this White Bean and Kale soup filled with vegetables and plant-based protein. It’s hearty, thick, and crazy flavorful! It’s an easy soup recipe for any cooking skill level.
Prep Time: 10 min (+ 8 hours for soaking) | Cook Time: 50 min | Total Time: 1 hour | Servings: 4
Calories: 127 | Total Fat: 3.8g | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2.5g | Protein: 6g
- 2 tbsp neutral cooking oil
- ½ large white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and 1/2-inch diced
- 2 cups large white kidney beans (or any white beans you prefer), soaked overnight, and rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp coarse sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups kale, fresh or frozen
- Rinse 2 cups of large white kidney beans. Cover with water and soak overnight.
- In a 3 qt soup pot on medium-high heat, heat oil until it shimmers, about 2 minutes.
- Add onions, carrots, celery, and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes until slightly tender, stirring as needed.
- Stir in potato, soaked and rinsed beans, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and vegetable stock.
- Bring the bean soup to a boil; then lower heat and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring as needed.
- Add kale to the pot and continue simmering until kale is wilted.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.