January 26, 2022 · Written by Foodtolive Team
White Bean and Kale Soup
Indulge in the comfort of this White Bean and Kale soup, brimming with veggies and plant-based protein. It’s thick, hearty, and bursting with flavor! Whether you’re a seasoned cook or just starting out, this easy soup recipe is perfect for everyone.
Prep Time: 10 min (+ 8 hours for soaking) | Cook Time: 50 min | Total Time: 1 hour | Servings: 4
Calories: 127 | Total Fat: 3.8g | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2.5g | Protein: 6g
- 2 tbsp neutral cooking oil
- ½ large white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and 1/2-inch diced
- 2 cups large white kidney beans (or any white beans you prefer), soaked overnight, and rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp coarse sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups kale, fresh or frozen
- Rinse 2 cups of large white kidney beans, then soak them in water overnight.
- In a 3-quart soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil until it shimmers (about 2 minutes).
- Add onions, carrots, celery, and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes until they’re slightly tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in potatoes, the soaked and rinsed beans, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and vegetable stock.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add kale to the pot and continue simmering until the kale wilts.
- Remove the pot from heat and serve your delicious bean soup immediately.
This recipe inspired by Little Broken