November 29, 2018 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Creamy Garlic Mushroom Quinoa
Savor the delightful combination of garlic and mushrooms in this Garlic Butter Mushroom Quinoa. It’s a straightforward yet sumptuous dish that works well as either a side or a hearty main course.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions using 2 cups of water. Once done, set it aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, garlic, and thyme. Sauté the mixture, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are tender, which should take about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Now, stir in the cooked quinoa until everything is well combined.
- Your Garlic Butter Mushroom Quinoa is ready to serve immediately. Enjoy!
This recipe slightly adapted from Damn Delicious