June 10, 2018 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Broccoli and Mushroom Stir-Fry
Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 20 minutes | Total Time 30 minutes | 4 Servings
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup cashews, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the chopped red onion and minced garlic. Sauté for 2-3 min until they become fragrant and slightly translucent.
- Add the broccoli florets and sliced mushrooms to the skillet. Stir-fry for about 5 min until the vegetables begin to soften and turn vibrant in color.
- Sprinkle the smoked paprika over the vegetables. Add the freshly grated ginger. Continue to stir-fry for an additional 2-3 min.
- Toss in the shredded carrots and chopped cashews. Stir everything together and cook for another 2 min until the carrots slightly soften.
- Drizzle 2 tbsp of soy sauce over the stir-fry. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Give everything a final good toss in the skillet, ensuring that the ingredients are well combined and evenly coated with the sauce.
- Once all the vegetables are tender but still crisp, remove the stir-fry from heat and enjoy!
This recipe is slightly adapted from Skinny Ms