April 12, 2019 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Quick-Fry Veggie Rice
Looking for a fast, tasty, and healthy dinner option? Try our Quick Vegetable Fried Brown Rice! It’s loaded with colorful veggies and whole grains for a delicious and easy meal.
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 chili pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 3 cups cooked and cooled brown basmati rice
- 3 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes, plus more for sprinkling (optional)
- Heat some olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic, chopped onion and shredded carrot, and let them cook for about 3 min.
- Now, toss in diced bell peppers and green beans. Stir frequently for approximately 5-7 min.
- Add cooked rice, soy sauce, and a pinch of red pepper flakes to the skillet. Blend all together and cook for an additional 3-4 min until everything is heated through.
- If you like a bit more heat, sprinkle some extra red pepper flakes on top.
- Enjoy your delightful Vegetable Fried Brown Rice!
This recipe adapted from We are not Martha