February 17, 2020 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Spinach Rice Bowl
This brown rice bowl with yummy veggies and a tahini sauce is the perfect comforting winter dinner.
Prep Time: 15 min (+8 hours for soaking) | Cook Time: 40 min | Total Time: 55 min | Servings: 3
- 1 cup of chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 cup of long-grain brown rice
- 5 cups of tightly packed fresh spinach
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- lime juice
- salt, pepper
- Start by cooking brown rice. Add rice and 2 cups of water to a pot, cook for 30 minutes or until soft. Season with salt.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Mix drained chickpeas with 1 teaspoon of oil, garlic powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Arrange chickpeas on one side of the baking tray in a single layer.
- Cut sweet potatoes into bite-sized pieces and place them on the baking tray too. Sprinkle with cinnamon and chili. Bake chickpeas and sweet potato for 25-30 minutes.
- Heat up 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a large pan, add crushed garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- For the tahini dressing mix together tahini, lime juice with a little water.
- Add rice, sweet potatoes, chickpeas, and spinach to a big bowl and top with the tahini dressing. Enjoy!