April 12, 2021 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Nutritious Red Rice Bowl with Spinach and Cherries
Savor a wholesome meal with this Red Rice Bowl, enriched with spinach and sweet dried cherries.
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 55 min | Total Time: 1 hour | Servings: 4
- 1 cup red rice
- 1/2 cup dried sour cherries
- 1 10-ounce package baby spinach
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a saucepan, combine red rice, 2 cups of water, and 1/2 tsp salt. Bring to a simmer, then lower the heat and cook for around 45 min until the rice is tender.
- While the rice is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, salt, and pepper. Cook until the onions are soft. Stir in ginger and dried cherries and cook until the onions turn golden brown.
- Once the rice is ready, add it to the onion mixture. Toss in baby spinach and orange juice, stirring until the spinach wilts.
- Season with salt and pepper, and your dish is ready to enjoy!
This recipe adapted from Food Network