July 06, 2019 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Zesty Cilantro Lime Basmati Rice
Elevate your rice game with this Zesty Cilantro Lime Basmati Rice, perfectly paired with the sweetness of corn. A burst of fresh flavors in every bite!
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Total Time: 30 min | Servings: 6
- 1 1/2 cups basmati white rice
- 3 cups of water
- 1/2 cup whole corn kernels
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- juice and zest from one or two limes
- salt, black pepper, and cumin to taste
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. If you’re using basmati rice, add it to the boiling water and reduce to a simmer. Cook covered for 20 min or until the water is absorbed.
- Once the rice is cooked, add the remaining ingredients and gently fluff everything together using a fork. Season with salt, black pepper, and cumin to your taste.
- Serve your flavorful Cilantro Lime Rice while it’s still warm. Enjoy!
This recipe adapted from My Body My Kitchen