September 04, 2018 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Protein-Packed Veggie Bean Salad
This vibrant and protein-rich bean salad is both a nutritious side dish and a satisfying meal in itself. It features energizing rice, hearty beans and corn for a delightful taste, zesty green onions and bell peppers for a burst of aroma, all brought together by a tangy balsamic vinaigrette. Enjoy the wholesome goodness!
Prep Time 20 minutes | Cook Time 5 minutes | Total Time 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1 cup cooked white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, sugar, salt, chili powder, and pepper.
- Add the cooked basmati rice, cooked white beans, thawed frozen corn, sliced green onions, and chopped sweet red pepper to the bowl.
- Toss all the ingredients together until they are well coated with the dressing.
- Chill the salad in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve. Enjoy your delicious Veggie Bean Salad!
This recipe slightly adapted from Taste Of Home