November 10, 2018 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Protein-Packed Veggie Chickpea Salad Sandwich
Indulge in a protein-packed delight with this Veggie Chickpea Salad Sandwich. Packed with wholesome ingredients, it’s a satisfying and nutritious choice for your next meal.
Prep Time 5 minutes | Cook Time 10 minutes | Total Time 15 minutes | 4 servings
For the salad:
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked
- 3 stalks green onion
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup store-bought or homemade vegan mayo
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds, roasted
For the sandwich:
- sandwich bread
- romaine lettuce
- optional tomatoes and/or red onion
- Drain and rinse chickpeas, then mash them in a large bowl using a potato masher or a food processor.
- Chop green onion, carrots, and bell pepper, and add them to the bowl.
- Mix in mayo, yellow mustard, salt, and pepper until everything is well combined.
- Fold in sunflower seeds.
- Use this mixture as a sandwich filling, in wraps, with crackers, on salads, or simply enjoy it by the spoonful. It’s versatile and delicious!
This recipe slightly adapted from Peas And Crayons