May 01, 2018 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Purple Cabbage and Cranberry Salad
Fresh and vibrant, this Purple Cabbage and Cranberry Salad is a delightful blend of textures and flavors. Perfect for a light and healthy meal.
Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 10 minutes | Total Time 20 minutes | 4 Servings
Nutrition: Calories: 180 | Total Fat: 10g | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Protein: 2g
- 1/2 head purple cabbage
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 oz. feta, crumbled
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- Start by thinly slicing the 1/2 head of purple cabbage. You can use a sharp knife or a mandoline slicer for this. Place the sliced cabbage in a large salad bowl.
- Sprinkle the 1/3 cup of dried cranberries over the sliced cabbage.
- Add the 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds to the bowl.
- Crumble the 2 oz of feta cheese over the other salad ingredients. This adds a delightful creaminess and saltiness.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the dressing. Combine the juice of 1 orange, juice of 1/2 lemon, 1/2 tsp dried thyme, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, minced garlic cloves, and season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Slowly whisk in the 1/3 cup of avocado oil or olive oil into the dressing mixture. Continue whisking until everything is well combined and the dressing has a smooth consistency.
- Drizzle the prepared dressing over the salad in the bowl. You can use as much or as little dressing as you prefer.
- Gently toss all the salad ingredients to ensure they are well coated with the dressing.
- Your Cabbage and Cranberry Salad is now ready to be served. Enjoy the fresh and flavorful combination!
This recipe slightly adapted from Budget Bytes