November 23, 2018 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Tangy Mandarin Orange Salad with Cranberries and Walnuts
This festive salad is perfect for holiday gatherings. It combines mandarin oranges, cranberries, and walnuts, all dressed in a flavorful mix of orange, lemon, and Dijon mustard.
- 5 oz organic mix of radicchio, green lettuce, and kale
- 2-3 mandarin oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup oil (preferably flavorless like grapeseed or safflower)
- 1/4 cup orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, orange juice, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper until the dressing is well combined.
- Place mixed greens in a large salad bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients on top.
- Drizzle some of the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to coat. Serve right away.
This recipe adapted from Chelsea’s Messy Apron