May 05, 2020 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Vegan “Tuna” Salad Sandwich
Creamy, chewy, crunchy, and delicious, the perfect alternative to tuna salad.
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 5 mins | Total Time: 10 mins | Servings: 4 sandwiches
For “Tuna” Salad:
- 1 cup cooked Great Northern beans
- 1 sheet nori
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large stalk of celery, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp of Dijon mustard
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- Lettuce leaves
- Tear the nori sheet in little pieces, place it in a food processor, and blend until it resembles flakes.
- Add the beans, lime juice, mustard, salt, and pepper to the food processor and pulse a few times until the vegan tuna salad reaches your desired consistency.
- Place it in a bowl and toss with celery and bell pepper.
- Eat as is or make a sandwich out of it – scoop a healthy amount of the “tuna” mixture onto one slice of bread, add desired toppings and top with the second slice of bread.