January 13, 2020 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Festive Winter Salad with Pomegranate and Candied Red Walnuts
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 30 min | Servings: 4
- 1 cup red walnuts
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- Coarse Mediterranean sea salt
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 cups pomegranate seeds
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss red walnuts with maple syrup, cinnamon, crushed red pepper, and a pinch of salt. Bake for 10-15 min, stirring twice, until toasted. Set them aside.
- In a large salad bowl, combine greens, pomegranate seeds, oranges, cranberries, and the candied red walnuts.
- For the dressing, mix all ingredients in a jar and shake well. Drizzle it over the salad just before serving and toss. Enjoy!
This recipe adapted from Half Baked Harvest