February 28, 2023 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Wheat Berry Salad with Feta and Cherries
This Hearty Wheat Berry Salad is filled with sun-dried cherries, feta cheese, greens salad blend and mixed seeds, and topped with a simple Dijon vinaigrette! Perfect for nutritious!
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 50 min | Total Time: 1 hour | Servings: 4
Calories: 318 | Total Fat: 8.1g | Sodium: 197mg | Sugar: 12.2g | Protein: 12g
For the Dijon vinaigrette:
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
For the salad:
- ½ cup wheat berries, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup dried cherries
- 2 oz feta cheese, diced
- 5 oz greens salad blend
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds
To make the vinaigrette:
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk together until emulsified.
To make the salad:
- Combine rinsed wheat berries, 2 cups water, and salt in a saucepan, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook until tender, for about 45 min.
- In a skillet, heat the butter over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook stirring occasionally until golden brown, for about 5 min.
- In a large mixing bowl add the cooked wheat berries, sautéed onion, dried cherries, feta cheese, greens salad blend, and mixed seeds.
- Drizzle with desired amount of vinaigrette. Toss to combine and enjoy!
Find more whole grain recipes in our previous posts:
This recipe inspired by Simply Scratch