January 29, 2021 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Cinnamon Raisin Rice Pudding
Creamy, dreamy, and bursting with sweetness and a hint of cinnamon! This old fashioned rice pudding is easy to make and delicious hot or cold.
Prep Time: 0 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Total Time: 25 min | Servings: 4
- 3 cups milk, (full fat, low fat or skim)
- 1/2 cup white Arborio rice
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp shredded coconut
- In a large pot, place the rice, 2 cups of milk, and cinnamon stick together over high heat.
- When the mixture starts boiling, place the lid and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for 15 min, stirring occasionally until the rice is completely cooked.
- Add raisins and the remaining cup of milk. Stir well.
- Pour in the condensed milk and butter.
- Cook on low heat, until the rice, has thickened and the mixture is creamy about 10 min. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the rice among serving bowls; sprinkle with ground cinnamon and shredded coconut. Enjoy!