November 04, 2021 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Apple Cinnamon Crepes
These delectable Apple Cinnamon Crepes are healthy, easy, quick, and make for the perfect eggless, dairy-free, plant-based breakfast or dessert to enjoy during the fall season.
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Total Time: 30 min | Servings: 11 crepes
Calories: 152 | Total Fat: 3 g | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 11 g | Protein: 4 g
- oat flour
- ½ cup (70 g) buckwheat flour
- 4 tbsp potato starch
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp golden milled flax seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cups plant-based milk
- 1/3 cup (80 g) applesauce
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp plant-based milk
- ½ tsp potato starch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- To make the crepes combine all of the ingredients (except the oil) and mix until the batter is smooth.
- Let the batter rest for a few minutes. Heat a little oil in a medium-sized non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Pour about ¼ cup of the batter in the center of the skillet and immediately spread it with the back of a ladle.
- Cook for about 1-2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned. Repeat the process of making crepes till the batter is finished.
Note: After a while, the batter will get thicker, so you might need to add more milk.
- For the apple filling, add all ingredients to a skillet. Cook the mixture for a few minutes over medium heat till the apples get soft, yet maintain their shape.
- Place a few tsp of filling onto each crepe, roll it up and serve warm with a drizzle of caramel sauce or maple syrup.
- Instead of buckwheat flour you should be able to use rice flour or quinoa flour
- Potato starch can be replaced with other starch powders such as tapioca starch, arrowroot starch or cornstarch