November 04, 2021 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Vegan Crepe Rolls with Spiced Apple Filling
Savor the flavors of fall with these Vegan Crepe Rolls filled with tasty spiced apples. These dairy-free crepes are like a cozy treat, wrapping up a sweet, cinnamon-flavored apple filling. Whether you have them for breakfast or dessert, these crepe rolls are a delightful way to enjoy the season’s tastes.
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Total Time: 30 min | Servings: 11 crepes
Calories: 152 | Total Fat: 3 g | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 11 g | Protein: 4 g
- oat flour
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- 4 tbsp potato starch
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp golden milled flax seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cups plant-based milk
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- oil, for frying
- 4 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp plant-based milk
- ½ tsp potato starch
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
For the Crepes:
- Mix all the crepe ingredients (except the oil) until it’s a smooth batter.
- Let the batter sit for a few minutes.
- Heat a bit of oil in a non-stick skillet on medium heat.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter in the middle of the skillet and spread it out quickly with a spoon.
- Cook for 1-2 min on each side until it’s lightly browned. Keep making crepes until you use up all the batter. If the batter thickens, add more milk.
For the Apple Filling:
- Put all the apple filling ingredients in a skillet.
- Cook it for a few minutes on medium heat until the apples are soft but still hold their shape.
- Spoon a bit of the filling onto each crepe, roll them up, and serve them warm with caramel sauce or maple syrup. Enjoy!
- Instead of buckwheat flour you should be able to use rice flour or quinoa flour
- Potato starch can be replaced with other starch powders such as tapioca starch, arrowroot starch or cornstarch
This recipe adapted from Ela Vegan