February 25, 2020 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Vegan Matcha Souffle Pancakes
This recipe is an egg-free and dairy-free version of popular Japanese Souffle Pancakes.
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Total Time: 20 min | Servings: 2-3 pancakes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp matcha
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- Maple syrup/ powdered sugar/ seasonal fruits and berries
- Whisk together 2 types of flour, powdered sugar, matcha, salt, baking powder, and baking soda until well combined.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add oil and vinegar, then slowly add milk and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add a thin layer of oil at the bottom. Place the ring molds. Spoon half the batter into one mold, then the other. Cover the pan with a lid and let cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Use a spatula to flip the pancakes. Cover the pan again and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove the pancakes to a plate.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup and your favorite fruits or berries.