January 20, 2021 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Chai-Infused Muffins with Oat & Quinoa Flour
Get ready to savor the cozy charm of chai-spiced muffins. These delightful treats are crafted with a blend of hearty oat and quinoa flours, offering a mix of wholesome goodness and irresistible flavor. Dairy and refined sugar-free!
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Total Time: 30 min | Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 3 tbsp water)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup organic oat flour
- 2/3 cup organic quinoa flour
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup organic coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp organic ground ginger
- 2 tsp organic ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan fine pink salt
- 1/4 cup coconut butter (melted) for glaze
- blanched sliced almonds for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Mix flax and water and set aside to thicken.
- In a bowl, whisk together applesauce, milk, and syrup. Add the flax mixture.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Fill each cup 3/4 full and rest for 5 min.
- Bake in the center rack for 25 min.
- Let cool in the pan for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Drizzle with coconut butter, sprinkle with sliced almonds, and enjoy!
This recipe adapted from Simply Quinoa