February 24, 2021 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Nourishing Kaniwa Breakfast Bowl
A nourishing breakfast bowl to kickstart the day! Delicious fluffy kaniwa with cinnamon, maple syrup, and more delicious toppings! It’s loaded with fiber, protein and ready in just 20 minutes.
Prep Time: 0 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Total Time: 20 min | Servings: 2
- 1 cup raw kaniwa seeds, rinsed
- 2 cups plant-based milk
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ⅛ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Rinse your kaniwa and then put it into a large saucepan or a Dutch oven with some milk and cinnamon. Get it boiling.
- Once it’s boiling, turn down the heat to a simmer, cover it up with a lid, and let it simmer for around 20-25 min. If it starts bubbling too much, you can leave the lid slightly open. You’ll know it’s ready when the kaniwa is soft and has soaked up most of the milk. Take it off the heat.
- Now, stir in some coconut oil, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt.
- Spoon it into bowls and get creative with your toppings. Chia seeds, almonds, berries, and maybe a drizzle of extra milk on top. Enjoy!
This recipe adapted from The Almond Eater