December 09, 2020 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Cinnamon Streusel Baked Apples
Baked apples topped with coconut-oat streusel topping are the perfect easy, warm and cozy dessert the whole family will love.
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 30 min | Total Time: 40 min | Servings: 4 stuffed apples
- 4 large apples (Honeycrisp, Braeburn, or empire are best)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- a pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup hot water
- vanilla ice cream for serving, optional
- caramel sauce/maple syrup for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a melon baller or paring knife, score the tops of the apples. Then scoop out some of the apples, so that you have a cavity about an inch and a half wide. Just make sure you don’t core through the bottom of the apple. You can peel the apples but we prefer to keep the skin on.
- Grease an oven-safe baking dish with cooking spray or coconut oil (8×8 will work best), and place the apples in the dish.
- In a bowl combine oats, flour, sugar, pecans, and spices. Add in melted butter. Stir to combine.
- Place apples in a baking dish. Divide the oat mixture evenly among the center of the apples, pressing the filling in towards the center of the apples.
- Pour water into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake the apples in a 180 C/350 F oven for about 30 minutes or until the apples are soft and the crumble is golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce/maple syrup.