October 01, 2020 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Cinnamon Sugar Mini Pumpkin Donuts
Enjoy moist and fluffy baked pumpkin donuts coated in crispy cinnamon sugar – the ideal autumn breakfast or snack! They’re not fried and ready in just 20 minutes!
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Total Time: 20 min | Servings: 6 baked donuts
Calories: 338 | Total Fat: 14 g | Sodium: 148 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 28 g | Protein: 3 g
For the donuts:
- 1 1/4 cups sifted soft white wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk (any type will do)
- organic virgin coconut oil for greasing a doughnut pan
For the cinnamon sugar coating:
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup of organic coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp organic ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Grease a doughnut pan generously with melted coconut oil and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, melted butter, and milk. Carefully fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared doughnut pan (you can use a piping bag), and bake for 10-15 minutes. Allow the doughnuts to cool in the pan for a few minutes.
- While the doughnuts cool, melt the butter for the cinnamon sugar coating and set it aside. Mix the coconut sugar and cinnamon in a medium-sized bowl and set it aside as well.
- Once the doughnuts are cool enough to handle, dip them in the melted butter, then roll them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Repeat until all the doughnuts are coated.
- Enjoy your delicious baked pumpkin donuts!
This recipe slightly adapted from Baker by Nature