October 04, 2021 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Amaranth Sweet Potato Gnocchi
Making gnocchi at home is the easiest thing ever, and homemade is so much better than store-bought. This autumn-inspired Amaranth Sweet Potato Gnocchi recipe is a comfort dish that will make weekend dinner a thousand times better!
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 50 min | Total Time: 1 hour | Servings: 4
- 1 sweet potato, medium
- 1 cup amaranth flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter
- fresh rosemary
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Wash and dry the sweet potato, then use a fork to prick it. Bake for 40 min.
- Once soft, allow the potato to cool, peel it, and mash it until smooth.
- In the same bowl with the mashed potato, add the egg, flours, cumin powder, salt, and Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Transfer the dough to a floured cutting board and knead it until it’s smooth and not sticky. Add more flour if needed.
- Work with one portion of the dough at a time and roll it into a long strip.
- Use a knife to cut the strip into small rectangles. You can keep them as is or add a decorative pattern by rolling each rectangle on the back of a fork.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Gently place the gnocchi into the boiling water in batches and cook for 2-3 min, or until they float to the surface. Drain them well.
- To serve, heat up butter and fresh rosemary sprigs in a skillet. Then, add the gnocchi and cook for a few minutes until they become lightly browned.
- Serve the gnocchi warm with Parmesan cheese and fresh rosemary. Enjoy!
This recipe adapted from Herba Zest