October 04, 2021 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Amaranth Sweet Potato Gnocchi
Making gnocchi at home is the easiest thing ever, and homemade is so much better than store-bought. This autumn-inspired Amaranth Sweet Potato Gnocchi recipe is a comfort dish that will make weekend dinner a thousand times better!
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 50 min | Total Time: 1 hour | Servings: 4
- 1 sweet potato, medium
- 1 cup amaranth flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter
- fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 400º F (200º C).
- Wash and dry the sweet potato. Then prick it with a fork and bake for 40 min.
- When soft, take the potato out of the oven to cool off. Then take the skin off and mash it with a fork until smooth.
- To the bowl with the mashed potato, add the egg, flours, cumin powder, salt, and parmesan cheese. Mix to combine.
- Put the dough on a flour dusted cutting board and knead it until smooth and not sticky. Add more flour if necessary.
- Working one portion of the dough at a time, roll it into a long roll, about one inch (2.5 cm) wide. Using a knife, cut the roll into small rectangles. You may leave them as such or give them a pattern by rolling each rectangle down the back of the work.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Then, drop the gnocchi into the boiling water in batches and cook them for 2-3 min, or until they float on the surface. Drain well.
- To serve, add the butter and fresh rosemary sprigs to the skillet and heat them up. Then add the gnocchi and cook for a few minutes until lightly brown.
- Serve warm with parmesan cheese and fresh rosemary.