March 22, 2019 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Wild Rice with Spinach
This dish is all about wholesome goodness, featuring hearty wild rice, vibrant spinach, and a variety of delicious toppings. Get ready for a mouthwatering and nutritious experience with every bite!
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 30 min | Total time: 40 min | 4 Servings
- 1 cup wild rice
- 3 cups of water
- 10 oz baby spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 orange, cut into segments
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- Rinse the rice under cold water until it runs clear.
- Soak the rice in water for 2-3 hours, then drain.
- In a saucepan, add three parts water to one part rice and stir. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15-20 min until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Let rice cool for 5 min, then toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix spinach with olive oil, wine vinegar, and garlic.
- Combine spinach with rice.
- Top with pomegranate seeds, orange slices, avocado slices, and pumpkin seeds.
- Serve right away. Enjoy!
This recipe slightly adapted from Pure Wow