January 05, 2019 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Sweet & Zesty Agave Brussels Sprouts
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Total Time: 30 min | Serves: 4
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp agave syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch of chili flakes, optional
- 1/3 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Salt, to taste
- Begin by halving the Brussels sprouts.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the Brussels sprouts with the cut side down. Cover and cook for about 5-7 min.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the orange juice, agave syrup, vinegar, garlic, salt, and optional chili flakes.
- Pour this flavorful glaze into the skillet and coat the Brussels sprouts thoroughly.
- Let them cook for an additional 5 min until the glaze thickens.
- Then, add in the chopped almonds and pomegranate seeds. Remove from heat, and your Sweet & Zesty Agave Brussels Sprouts are ready to enjoy!
This recipe adapted from Garden And Table