October 20, 2020 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Fall Veggie Bowl with Red Lentils and Thai Peanut Dressing
A perfect autumn dish. Serving roasted vegetables, on top of a warm bed of lentils and topped with homemade dressing is a great way to nourish your body with seasonal delights.
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 40 min | Total Time: 55 min | Servings: 4
For the bowl:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 carrots
- 1 small butternut squash
- 2 cups Brussel sprouts
- 10 cremini mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- black pepper ground
- 1 cup whole red lentils dry
- 1/2 cup almonds
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2-4 tbsp warm water
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Prepare the vegetables by halving the mushrooms, peeling and cutting the carrots, trimming the bottoms of the Brussels Sprouts, and halving, peeling, and cubing the butternut squash.
- Combine all of the vegetables, drizzle with olive oil, and add salt and pepper. Toss until the veggies are all lightly and evenly coated.
- Cook until the vegetables are tender and golden on the edges, about 30-40 min.
- To cook the lentils, first, rinse them really. Put the lentils in a saucepan and add 2 cups of water.
- Bring it to a boil and then turn down the heat and let it simmer for about 20-30 min or until all of the water has dissolved.
- To make the dressing blend all ingredients together in a blender, or place all ingredients in a mason jar and shake well.
- After 40 min has passed check the vegetables and make sure they are done. The vegetables should be golden on the outside and tender when pricked with a fork.
- To assemble the dish, evenly distribute the lentils into 4 bowls. Top with a variety of the baked vegetables, top with the dressing and sliced almonds, and enjoy!
This recipe inspired by The Real Food Dietitians