June 27, 2018 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Roasted New Potatoes with Asparagus
Prep Time 5 minutes | Cook Time 40 minutes | Total Time 45 minutes | 4 Servings
- 2 lbs new potatoes, cut into quarters
- 8 oz asparagus, cut into 4 pieces
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- In a large bowl, place the quartered new potatoes.
- Sprinkle the dried basil, dried oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper over the potatoes. Drizzle 2 tbsp of olive oil over the potatoes and toss them to coat evenly.
- Transfer the seasoned potatoes to the prepared baking sheet, spreading them out in a single layer.
- Roast the potatoes in the preheated oven for about 15-20 min or until they start to become tender and lightly browned.
- While the potatoes are roasting, place the asparagus pieces in the same bowl used for the potatoes.
- After the initial roasting time for the potatoes, add the seasoned asparagus to the baking sheet with the partially roasted potatoes. Drizzle the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil over the asparagus and toss to coat.
- Continue roasting for an additional 10-15 min or until the potatoes are fully tender and both the potatoes and asparagus are lightly browned and flavorful.
- Remove from the oven and serve your roasted new potatoes with asparagus as a delicious side dish. Enjoy!
This recipe slightly adapted from Wallflower Kitchen