February 03, 2020 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Vegan Mac and Cheese
This classic baked vegan mac and cheese is ultra cheesy, saucy and creamy!
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Total Time: 25 min | Servings: 4
- 8 oz elbow macaroni or fusilli pasta
- 2 cups plant-based milk
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp cassava flour
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Boil pasta of choice according to package directions. Drain rinse and set aside. (Cook it al dente).
- Add plant-based milk, cassava flour, corn starch, turmeric, garlic powder, and salt to a saucepan.
- Stir with a whisk. Keep whisking for a few minutes after it has boiled until it thickens.
- Mix the drained pasta in with the sauce.
- Stir well.
- Pour the mac and cheese into a lightly greased casserole dish.
- Top with breadcrumb (or top with shredded vegan cheese).
- Bake at 350° F for 20 minutes until it starts to bubble and the breadcrumbs have turned slightly golden.