December 29, 2019 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Creamy Vegan Holiday “Eggnog”
Indulge in the festive spirit with this Creamy Vegan Holiday “Eggnog.” This dairy-free delight captures the essence of traditional eggnog but with a plant-based twist. It’s rich, velvety, and brimming with warm holiday flavors!
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 10 min (+8 hours for soaking) | Total Time: 15 min | Servings: 4
- 3 cups dairy-free milk
- 1 14-oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, plus more for serving
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 pitted Medjool dates
- Coconut whipped cream for serving
- In a high-speed blender, combine dairy-free milk, along with coconut milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, and Medjool dates.
- Blend on high until you achieve a creamy and smooth texture, which usually takes about 1-2 min. Taste it and tweak the flavors if necessary, adding more spices for that cozy warmth.
- When it’s time to serve, you can enjoy your “eggnog” cold over ice or heat it over medium heat until it’s warm and comforting.
- Serve it as it is or indulge with a dollop of coconut whipped cream and a sprinkle of extra cinnamon.
This recipe adapted from Zestful Kitchen