February 12, 2021 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Chocolate Raspberry Heart Cups
Nothing makes Valentine’s Day dinner sweeter than a decadent dessert like these Chocolate Raspberry Heart Cups. They are tart and sweet, with an amazingly colorful center.
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 0 min (+ 15 min for freezing) | Total Time: 30 min | Servings: 8 cups
- 1 cup raw cocoa powder
- 1 cup cacao butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp organic raspberry powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- Use a double boiler to melt the cacao butter on low heat. Then add the maple syrup and salt and stir well.
- Sift the cacao powder into the liquid ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Carefully pour some melted chocolate into the molds and tilt it on all sides to make sure they are well covered. Put the molds in the freezer for 5-10 minutes. The chocolate will harden quickly. Note: If the chocolate coating is too thin, you can add a second layer and put the molds back in the freezer otherwise the cups won’t be strong enough when biting into them and will ‘explode’.
- Add the butter (make sure the butter is at room temperature for about 15 – 20 min before starting – it shouldn’t be runny or melted, but it should be malleable), powdered sugar, raspberry powder, and milk to a food processor and blend until creamy.
- Add some raspberry filling to the middle of each chocolate cup.
- Finally, cover the filling with more chocolate so that you create completely coated cups. Put back in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the molds and enjoy them right away or store them in the fridge.