April 29, 2021 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
This chocolate dreamy velvety mousse has a secret ingredient that is super healthy avocado! That’s right, and you cannot even taste it under all that chocolatey goodness! Paleo and vegan.
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 0 min | Total Time: 10 min | Servings: 2 cups
- 3 medium ripe avocados (pits removed)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or your favorite)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Scoop the avocado into a food processor or blender, discarding the skin and pits.
- Add the cacao powder, maple syrup, milk, vanilla extract, and salt to the food processor.
- Puree until the mixture is smooth and velvety, adding additional syrup or milk needed. Open and push down the sides with a spatula during the blend to ensure a silky consistency with no clumps.
- Place the mousse into a few small cups and add the topping (you can also add some leaves of fresh mint if you want).
- Store the mousse in a closed container in the fridge if you are not serving it immediately (it keeps well in the fridge for up to 3 days).