May 11, 2020 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Chocolate Amaranth Pudding
Simple gluten-free, vegan chocolate dessert filled with minerals and delicious flavors.
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 35 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Servings: 4
- 120 g amaranth
- 480 ml oat milk or other plant milk
- 100 g dark vegan chocolate
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Macadamia nut pieces
- Rinse amaranth and place into a small pot, add oat milk, and bring to a boil. Leave to simmer for about 35 minutes. Once the milk has almost evaporated towards the end of the cooking time, give it a stir once a while. Take off the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Finely chop the chocolate and stir into amaranth until completely melted. Add maple syrup to taste.
- Place into a serving dish. Serve right away topped with a pinch of cinnamon and chopped macadamia nuts or chill in the fridge for at least an hour until ready to serve.