March 24, 2019 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Make Your Own Nutella – Healthy Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
Treat yourself to a healthier version of Nutella with this Homemade Chocolate Hazelnut Spread! It’s made from simple and natural ingredients, giving you a guilt-free way to enjoy the deliciousness of hazelnuts and chocolate.
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Total Time: 35 min | Servings: 1 3/4 cups
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Spread the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and roast them for 12-15 min until they become fragrant and lightly browned. Take them out of the oven.
- To remove the skins, put the roasted nuts in a kitchen towel and gently rub them until most of the skin comes off.
- Transfer the peeled hazelnuts to a food processor and blend until they turn into a creamy, smooth paste. This usually takes about 8-10 min.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and blend again until everything is well combined. This might take a couple of minutes.
- Store your homemade chocolate hazelnut spread in an airtight glass container for up to a week. Enjoy!
This recipe slightly adapted from Savory Lotus