July 13, 2019 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Moist Vegan Prune Slice
Indulge in a delightful treat with this Vegan Prune Slice recipe. This delicious dessert is not only vegan but also incredibly moist and packed with the natural sweetness of prunes. Perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings in a healthier way!
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Total Time: 25 min | Servings: 8
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw cashew
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbs melted coconut oil
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- 3 tbs water
- 3 cups pitted prunes
- 3 tbs cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- pinch sea salt
- 2 tbs water
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat your oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Make the base: Add all the base ingredients to a food processor and blend until they form a sticky mixture. Press this evenly into the baking pan.
- Clean the food processor and then blend together all the ingredients for the chocolate layer. Spread this mixture evenly over the base.
- You can use a wet fork to smooth the sticky mixture. Sprinkle coconut over the top to cover it.
- Bake in the oven for 20 min. If you’d like to toast the coconut, place the slice under the broiler for a minute or two.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for 10 min before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
This recipe adapted from My Goodness Kitchen