Vegan Prune Slice
Loaded with sweet prune and chocolate goodness, this vegan chocolate & prune slice is easy to make sticky treat made better with prunes.
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Total Time: 25 min | Servings: 8
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw cashew
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbs melted coconut oil
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- 3 tbs water
- 400 g pitted prunes
- 4 tbs cocoa
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- pinch sea salt
- 2 tbs water
- shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
- Line an 8×8 slice pan with baking paper or parchment.
- Combine all base ingredients into a food processor and blitz until combined and mixed sticks together. Press the mix firmly and evenly into the slice tray.
- Clean out processor and add all chocolate layer ingredients to the now clean bowl. Blitz until combined and spread evenly over the base layer.
- The mix is sticky so I use a wet fork to wrestle it into submission. Sprinkle enough coconut to cover the slice all over.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. To toast the coconut top layer, pop the slice under the broiler for a minute or two to toast.
- Remove from oven and let the slice rest for 10 minutes for cutting to serve.